Monday, July 19, 2010

Springtime

It is now spring at Lowood school. The trees are growing, flowers are blooming, and it is beautiful to be out in nature. However, things at school are not looking good. Typhus is beginning to spread throughout school. Many of my classmates are sick, including Helen Burns. It is a very sad time. I made a new friend these days and her name is Mary Ann. She isn't like Helen, but we have spent lots of time together. I have stayed healthy and am very thankful for that. Last night I snuck into Helen's room to see her. I have to be very careful, otherwise I will get in big trouble. Helen told me that she was going to die. That really scared me, but Helen assured me it was going to be ok because she was going to heaven to be with God. She told me not to be sad. I fell asleep with Helen and she died during the night. Today is a sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment